Thursday, June 11, 2009

I wish I could talk to the picture.

I can't say anything to the boys because I don't know what to say. I don't want to hurt their feelings or make them feel torn loyalties either. They get enough of that from the 'other side' already.

DS2&3 were cleaning their room for a LONG time. Finally I go up to check, and marvel at how much of the floor I can see, boxes of organized toys, etc. Truly, it was almost miraculous.

Then I look at the wall and I see a photo they found. It is the one and only portrait of me, the boys --and their dad. DS3 was only 2-3 months old, and their dad & I weren't even together when the photo was taken. (In fact, that was the only time he saw them for a few months.) We sure weren't getting along then -- evident by my fake, tortured smile. I think we did it because we felt that there should be a pic somewhere of the 5 of us.

Does somewhere have to be in a prominent location I see multiple times per day?

I don't feel hurt when I see the pic like I used to years ago. XH is just not my favorite person and I think he's a complete moron, who I'd rather not have on my walls.

See why I wish I could just talk to the picture and make it just leave on its own? It could go into a drawer or box and only come out when the boys had questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment